Prep time: 5-10 minutes
1/2 zucchini, shredded (optional)
1/4 cup oats
1 T coconut flour (or whole wheat flour, pancake mix, almond flour)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 scoop Vega Team vanilla protein, or any other vanilla/unflavored protein (optional)
Cinnamon & nutmeg (or pumpkin spice–I need to get my hands on some of that)
3-4 T canned pumpkin
1 egg white (3 T)
1/4 cup blueberries
2-3 T unsweetened almond milk
1/2 banana, sliced
1 T almond butter
- Microwave shredded zucchini for 1:30 and dry excess water.
- Mix all dry ingredients with zucchini then add pumpkin and egg whites.
- Add almond milk until batter consistency.
- Pour mixture into coconut-oil sprayed mug.
- Microwave for about 3 minutes, checking to make sure it doesn’t overflow.
- Top with sliced banana, almond butter, and maple syrup/honey/agave nectar if desired!
Zucchini adds fiber, vitamins, and nutrients to a simple breakfast meal! It is shredded very easily with a typical cheese grater and I promise you can’t taste it. It’s a great way to sneak in extra veggies to oatmeal, mugcakes, pancakes, and waffles, even. Future post to come on how to use it in various things!