1 cup dry lentils
1 package of sliced mushrooms
3 T minced garlic
2 T liquid aminos
1/3 cup of Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour (could sub other flour)
3 T ground flax seed
3 T hemp seed
3 T nutritional yeast
1 T Italian seasoning blend, 1/2 tsp fennel seed, 1 tsp chili flakes, s+p to taste
- Cook lentils in boiling water – drain and set aside.
- While lentils are cooking, heat ~1T of oil or ghee in a pan and cook onion, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Once veggies are done, place in blender with cooked lentils (try to drain any excess water from the veggies).
- Add liquid aminos, flour, flax, hemp, nutritional yeast, and seasonings to blender. Pulse until ingredients appear blended (only 4-5 pulses).
- Place in fridge for at least 30 min – this makes the balls easier to form.
- Once cooled, roll mixture into balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until “meat”balls are browned.
I served mine with Banza pasta, marinara sauce, shaved brussel sprouts, and Parmesan cheese!